"Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
2 Corinthians 9:7 (ESV)
Philosophy of Giving
Calvary Bible Church believes the following principles should govern the giving of your tithes and offerings to the church:
- Everything we have is a gift from God. When we give to Him, we are returning a portion of that which He has given to us. (Psalm 24: 1)
- Our giving is motivated by grace. (II Corinthians 8:1-7, Matthew 6:1-4)
- We are not compelled or forced to give .Our gifts are given of our own volition according to what we purpose in our hearts. (II Corinthians 9: 7)
We should be generous in our giving. God does not consider the size of the gift but the heart of the giver. (Romans 12:8, I Corinthians 16:2, Acts 11:29, Luke 21:1-4)
Our gifts should be regular and proportionate to what God has blessed us. (I Corinthians 16: 2)
- When we give generously, we will receive generously. God promises to supply all of our needs. (II Corinthians 9:6-8, 10-11, Proverbs 3:9-10, Philippians 4:19)
- All gifts to Calvary Bible Church will be held in strict confidence. Your gifts are between you and the Lord
Questions about online giving? Contact the Church Office (920) 725-3896.